Terms & Conditions
1). Registration and Payment
Full payment (and any associated extra’s and booking fees) must be paid in full at the time of booking to ensure your place on the photography workshop or special event.
2). Cancellation and Refund Policy
1. If a photography workshop or special event is cancelled by us, or re-scheduled due to bad weather or any other emergency you can re-book onto another scheduled date for the same workshop or special event. If no alternative date is available a refund will be provided and must be accepted a full and final settlement.
2. If you need to cancel a workshop or special event, this must be made in writing (email) and the following cancellations fees will apply;
a. If cancelled 15 days (or more) in advance of the workshop or special event date, the cancellation fee is 50%.
b. No refund is available if you cancel 14 days (or less) before the start date of the workshop or special event.
3. The Photography School is not responsible for any other costs which participants may incur including but not limited to travel, car rental, insurance, photographic purchases and/or rentals.
A) Through the course of the day, images of the group including individual participants may be taken and subsequently used for marketing of The Photography School. Please inform us prior to the photography workshop or special event if you prefer to be excluded from any images used to market The Photography School. Requests need to be made in writing (email) in advance of the workshop or special event start date.
B) If you send any photos to The Photography School, you warrant that, unless you state otherwise at the time of sending the photos, you own the copyright of the photos and you grant permanent irrevocable license to The Photography School and its heirs and assigns to use the photos for promotion and teaching. This does not affect your copyright over your photos, and this does not give The Photography School permission to use your photos for any other purpose. Where possible, we will credit you as the author when using any such photographs. Please ensure that you tell us at the time of sending photos if you do not want The Photography School to use any images that you send us for publicity and teaching.
4). Gift Vouchers – Conditions of Use
1. Gift vouchers are to be redeemed by person named on the voucher only and can be exchanged for any workshop or special event offered through The Photography School.
2. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemable for cash.
3. Gift vouchers may be used as part or full payment for any workshop or special event. If the fees are more than the amount specified on the voucher the bearer of the voucher must pay the additional fees, being the difference between the value of the voucher and the total cost of the workshop or special event being booked. If the cost of the workshop or special event is less than the amount specified on the voucher, no refund is provided.
3. Gift Vouchers must be redeemed with 365 days of the date of purchase.
5). Workshop Schedule and Agenda
All photography workshops and special event schedules and plans are subject to change at our discretion depending upon, but not limited to, adverse weather, health and safety considerations, or any other factor as determined by us.
6). Limit of Liability
The Photography School; Heidi Wolff, accept no liability for death, illness, accident or injury or loss or damage to photo equipment or personal belongings during the course of any workshop or special event, or in transit thereto. We do not accept any responsibility for loss or additional expenses due to delay or changes in the services provided. We reserve the right to change our arrangements should conditions necessitate, or to cancel any aspect of the workshop or special event due to exceptional circumstances. The Photography School’s liability shall be limited to the total value of the workshop or special event. The Photography School is not liable for any indirect or consequential loss. By booking and paying for any workshop or special event offered by The Photography School, participants acknowledge that they are aware of the risks of personal injury and deem themselves physically capable of safely taking part in the workshop or special event. Further they release The Photography School, Heidi Wolff, guest presenters, guest speakers, assistants, trainees and models from all liability for death, injury, illness, accident or loss of personal property or expenses associated with participation in the workshop or special event.
7). Client Confidentiality
The Photography School will keep confidential and will not disclose to any third parties or make use of material or information communicated to him in confidence for the purposes of the photography save as may be reasonably necessary to enable him to carry out the work.
8). Workshop Content
You acknowledge that all content of The Photography School courses, including but not limited to photos, slides, charts, tables, graphs, presentations, descriptions, books, handouts, cheat cards and other materials that you hear, see or receive on the courses (hereafter called the “Content”) is copyright The Photography School, and all rights are reserved. You may not photograph, copy, share, lend, reproduce, publish or cause to be published or make public any of the Content without prior written, signed permission from The Photography Schools’ director, including the permitted uses of the Content, a timeframe and geographic region for use.
9). Your Agreement to this contract
In reserving a place on the photography workshop or special event and paying the appropriate fee/s, you agree to accept all of the above terms and conditions. The person who makes the booking does so on behalf of all of the individuals included in that booking; all are bound by the same terms and conditions.